Rebecca Nicholas, principal chiropractor and owner of Back 2 Balance. In this blog she writes about the Back 2 Balance’s commitment to health. To celebrate and support national walking month.
This May is National Walking Month, and the team at Back 2 Balance have committed to doing their 10,000 steps each and every day of the month! That’s 31 days of completing the recommended number of steps. Living Streets are organising this national month and have come up with #TRY20. These are 20 tips to help you fit 20 mins of walking into your day.
As we know there are many benefits of walking and being active. That’s no surprise to most. I decided to google how many people in the UK are actually covering that distance (around 5miles a day). I found that 71% of people don’t actually get to that, and even more horrified that actually most people only achieve 10,000 steps 1-2 days of the week.
Benefits of Walking:
- reduces symptoms of depression and anxiety
- helps with weight management
- accessible to everyone
- doesn’t require special equipment
- one of the easiest ways to become more active
- it’s a low impact exercise
- lowers LDL cholesterol and raises HDL
- lowers blood pressure
- reduces the risk of some cancers
- helps reduce risk and aids with the management of type 2 diabetes
- improves mood
- highs maintain strong bones
- reduces the risk of heart attack
- less likely to lead to injuries
- reduces stress
- reduces risk of heart disease
- you don’t have to pay for it
- builds aerobic fitness
- helps maintain lean muscle tissue
So, are you also going to join us? Will you commit to completing your 10,000 steps each day of the month of May? Let’s all do this together, and get healthier together. If you are a current client of ours, please do join our private Facebook group where we will be posting all our pictures, tips and advice around walking!
Why not drop us a comment about your favourite walk around Sussex, or what you get out of walking. We’d love to hear about it.
Title: May- National Walking Month
Sourced From: back2balance.co.uk/2021/05/03/may-national-walking-month/
Published Date: Mon, 03 May 2021 14:10:48 +0000